Wednesday 13 July 2011

good morning!!

Well, it's been a week since I updated on here. Unfortunately, I don't have much news on the cross stitch front, I'm lucky if I'm managing ten stitches at a time at the moment with this tweeding. I am determined to finish that section though because I just know that if I go onto a different bit I'm going to forget where I was on that bit and it will all go wrong. The episode with the well is a case in point, I've learned my lesson!

All in all, I'm doing pretty good, I've slowed right down at work thanks to having a good chat with my boss. I've picked up six hours extra on top of what I've already got and that's all fine with me, I'm being very mindful of what hours I take on, finally after nine years in this game I've learned my limits, just a shame I had to get into such a tizz to realise it!!
I had a text yesterday asking if I could cover a late shift tomorrow, I politely declined due to the fact that I'm doing an afternoon and a sleep today and it would mean coming back in later on tomorrow, which for my body clock is a no no!!
They were fine with it, how can they not be? I'm finally asserting my right to say no and not feel guilty about it.

So I'm working today and then I have tomorrow and friday off, I think tomorrow I'm going to go out and get the threads missing for my project and treat myself to some proper embroidery scissors, might also have a look round the shops.

I had some good news yesterday. Ages ago I had an account with sky when I lived in my other house. Long story short, I moved house and they couldn't fit sky, so I cancelled telephone and sky TV and kept the broadband and paid it off til the end of the contract. When I'd finished paying at the beginning of this year I duly cancelled it and then thought nothing of it.
I got home yesterday morning to find a letter from them saying that due to a systems error I was due a refund and I had to ring them to arrange it. So I rang them to find out what was going on and realised it was my old account!! Which should have been closed six months ago 0-o. So, I'm due a refund of £153.33 which should arrive in my bank next week!! Just as well really, because after this month my wages are going to dip cos I'm not pulling in as many hours!!

At some point on my days off I want to go and see a friend and also do some more on my NVQ, I'm getting lazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment