Tuesday 2 August 2011

Grrr....

I have tonsillitis. Great. I had what, eighteen years of childhood to get this stupid bug? I never had it, bronchitis every winter without fail. Now I'm in my late twenties and I've had two doses in the last year, the first one I didn't know what it was, just thought I had a bad cold without the sneezy bit, until a friend told me she'd had it too and it was tonsillitis.

So Saturday night I was at work and I was feeling a bit 'meh' but didn't really pay much attention. I had a bit of a sore throat but blamed Mr A cos he said he'd had one, so I said he must've give it me.
At four am on Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I'd been lamped a good one across the back of the head, migraine came at me out of nowhere. Luckily I had three good hours before I had to get up and sort the residents out so I popped a couple of pills and went back to sleep.

I spent most of Sunday day time feeling a bit spaced out, but just assumed it was because of the migraine I'd had. By tea time I was going hot and cold, I ached all over and my glands under my chin were up.
Went into work yesterday and struggled through an eight hour shift, then had to go to the walk in medical centre in town because trying to see my own GP is like pulling teeth. (then again, he is very good!)
Definitely a case of tonsillitis she said, she said it's caused by being stressed or run down <-------------- thats me. So now I have antibiotics for ten days, and I've called in sick to work for today, so I get two days off to recover.

Only draw back is, tomorrow I've got the electricians in re wiring my flat, I hope they aren't going to be too disruptive. I haven't done any proper stitching for ages, I'm still enjoying it, but my brain isn't working, plus the tweeding is doing my head in!!!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment