Sunday 15 May 2011

more progress

I've had a really good day stitching today, I've managed to get absolutely loads done, and that's even accounting for a visit from Mr Froggy!!  I don't know what it is, but he seems to like me a lot lately.  Now and again I wonder if I've taken on an ambitious piece being as I haven't cross stitched for AGES, but my friend was right, I haven't forgotten how, so best to just go for it!

Here's the latest pic taken today

I am sooo pleased with how this is turning out.  The dark brick work for the bottom of the well can sometimes be a bit tricky and I have to make sure I pay attention while I'm doing it, but I'm really looking forward to filling the other colours in round it and giving it some depth.  I've decided to leave Ed Hedgehog until almost last (well, his head anyway) because it involves a technique called tweeding, and that's something I've never done before, so I'm a little bit nervous about it.

I am eagerly awaiting the postman!!  Hopefully tomorrow morning he will be delivering my Dsi XL!! Mr A wants to go to Shrewsbury tomorrow to pick up a new phone, I've told him we aren't going anywhere until I've seen the postman with my parcel, I do not want to have to wait a minute longer than I have to!

Who else watched Eurovision last night?  That was the first time I'd actually sat and watched it, I usually try to avoid it as a lot of nonsense, and it always seems to fall on or around my birthday.  Last night I got roped into voting by Mr A and his dad, I voted for Georgia because they were cool and rocky!!

I think it's a shame they didn't win though, because they were something a bit different.  Okay, so the voices weren't fab, but they had lots of energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment